Lilypie

Monday, January 25, 2010

Deployment II

As some of you may know, Tom left last week for his second deployment. This one is different because he is on a MEU (Marine Expeditionary Unit), which means he will be sailing around the world on a big ship for the next 7 months stopping at ports and helping out with any situation that may arise. They have already been tasked with helping out with the relief effort in Haiti. Grace and I already miss him so much, but we are planning on staying busy and enjoying the opportunity to spend time with family and friends. Tom sent me some pictures of his flight and his room, so I have posted them below.

Tom flying over Haiti.Tom in his stateroom. He's holding the calendar I made him with pictures of Grace.

2 comments:

The Mrs. said...

good luck with your deployment! my husband couldnt do ship life so he opted for a plane that was to big to land on one!

hang in there and hopefully time will fly for you guys!

Marge and Brent said...

Send our love to Tom! Wishing him a safe deployment and speedy return! If you and Grace ever want to visit NY let me know! You are both more than welcome! Keeping you all in our thoughts and prayers!