Lilypie

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Running

One of my goals for this next deployment is to get into running. (I'd say again but I was never really into running to begin with. Just because it was required to play soccer doesn't mean I loved it.) So, I bought a jogging stroller a couple weeks ago and Tom and I have had 2 opportunities to use it recently. The first time was for a 5K in Wilmington to support Gunny Pearl's recovery from getting struck by an IED in Iraq. We had a couple other families join us that day and we ended up having a great time.



Tom and Grace at the 5K.

Grace and I at the 5K.
The 2nd time we were able to use the stroller was at the Turkey Trot this past weekend. There was the option of doing an 8K or a 2 mile run and I definitely opted for the 2 mile run. Tom's been really supportive of my running efforts, so he runs alongside me while pushing Grace in the stroller. He doesn't even complain about having to run at my snails pace! I guess he figures "at least she's running!"



All bundled up before the race started.
Tom with his favorite girl!

She was snug as a bug in that blanket and hat.

Grace and her momma!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You three look so good

Love ya,
mom

Marge and Brent said...

Good for you Melissa, I keep saying I am going to "get back into running" myself. Like you I was never really into it to begin with ha ha. Keep up the good work and good luck- hopefully your running will inspire me to get going!